Microsoft began developing the dot net framework in the 1990’s and launched the first beta version in 2000. Since then, there has been no looking back. Almost 12 versions of.Net framework have been launched till now. Organizations which are looking for enterprise software solutions rely upon.NET framework. Recently, Microsoft celebrated the completion of 15 years since.NET was introduced.
Initially, dot net was known as NGWS (Next Generation Windows Services). Since 2000, different versions of this technology were launched, the latest being version 4.6.2. This latest version was launched just last year in the month of August. Each version carries betas, and service packs so as to provide more value to the users. In the entire 15 years, developers experienced an object oriented programming environment and freedom to develop desktop as well as web applications. Many of the languages that run on.NET framework are simple, secure and object oriented.
Over the past 15 years, this technology has evolved to fulfill the requirements of a dynamic online environment. The ASP.NET framework has helped in building many dynamic websites and applications catering to different industry verticals. Complex applications such as hotel reservation system, a billing system in shopping malls are built easily with the ASP.NET framework. It has enabled customized content building for users, thus increasing the relevancy factor of the web page. It has helped the users in accessing any data with ease. The .Net zone has now increased more than tenfold since it was launched.
The data below will give you a clear picture of where.NET technology stands today vis-à-vis some other players in the market. (Source: W3techs)
- As per a recent study, 15% of websites today use ASP.NET technology in which a whopping 80% are using version 4, followed by version 2.
- Java and ColdFusion are the most preferred technology for high traffic sites followed by ASP.NET.
- .Net domain names have got the wide presence. It is presently used in more than 200 countries.
Two decades ago, ‘PHP’ started out as a small open source project and today has evolved into a major scripting language. ‘PHP MySQL’ is now widely used for developing complex web applications. Here are some of the major advantages of using the PHP platform:
- Easy to develop websites with interactive dynamic content as well as user friendly.
- PHP is fairly easy to learn and with PHP Model View Controller (MVC) framework is now available to develop, manage and maintain complex web applications.
- LAMP, XAMPP are some of the better options to deploy the applications quickly & cost effectively.
- PHP is compatible with all major web server platforms and web browsers.
- PHP website development software can be easily embedded into an HTML file.
MetaSys Software has experienced PHP, MySQL developers who can help you with your requirements. Customers expect speed and often bounce rate goes up when websites load slowly. This can be effectively handled by experienced PHP developers at MetaSys. Our developers also use the CakePHP Framework which speeds up the development process.
At MetaSys we offer PHP based web application development using MySQL and/or FileMaker as backend for multi-tier architectural solution. With FileMaker PHP API it is quick to extend existing FileMaker solution to web . A PHP MySQL being completely open source is a cost effective combination and allows you to develop a solution customized to your business needs.
Are looking for any consultation on these technologies? Feel free to contact us.
FileMaker is meant for building custom apps that work seamlessly across platforms Windows, Mac OS X, Web or mobile devices like iPad, iPhone. Even with limited amount of programming knowledge it is now possible to build a custom app using FileMaker. Millions of people are now using apps created by FileMaker for their businesses.
Many developers have basic to intermediary knowledge of FileMaker but there is dearth of avenues to learn and test advanced programming skills. In order to address the needs of aspiring FM developers, MetaSys Software developed an App ‘FM Quizilla 4’ using it, one can practice for FileMaker 14 certification.
There are several features in FM Quizilla 4 app that makes it a complete package. Here are 5 reasons why FM Quizilla 4 is a handy product for people who are looking for FileMaker 14 certification.
- The FM Quizilla 4 app is compatible with iOS devices supporting 7 and above. It can be easily downloaded from Apple store.
- The app allows you to share scores with other developers through social media & your performance is displayed on the dashboard. It displays total test attempts, last score and other such relevant details.
- The questions asked in the app are in the same format as that of the certification test. They are categorized to cover different modules and topics.
- Practicing with this app is snappy. You can check your answer and proceed to the next question or review all your answers whether correct or incorrect towards the end of the test. The app gives you ample ammunition to prepare yourself for the certification.
- Once you gain more confidence, you can set a timer and proceed to next modules. Thus you systematically progress towards preparing yourself thoroughly for the certification.
Any difficult job can be done with proper planning and strategizing. The app helps you to plan and act so that you move in the right direction to crack the test. Happy learning and good luck for your certification!
Bootstrap is the most popular open source client-side web design framework used for creating web applications and websites. In the last four years, Bootstrap released three versions and from time to time upgrading with the new course of web components for better usability. On its fourth anniversary, 19th Aug. 2015, Bootstrap announced the release of version 4 alpha release and on 27th Jul. 2016, Bootstrap 4 alpha 3 was released. There are many changes and improvements in the new version of Bootstrap.
- Brand New Bootstrap Cards
Cards have been introduced to unify some of the previous elements such as panels, wells, and thumbnails. It is an extensible and flexible content container. It includes options for a wide variety of content, headers and footers, powerful display options, and contextual background colors. Cards are more flexible and allow a bigger space for creative implements.
- Opt-in Flexbox Support
In the newer version of Bootstrap you can take advantage of CSS3’s Flexbox Layout. Flexbox layouts are adaptable and can be well utilized in the responsive design. It presents an elastic container which fills the available space either by expanding or shrinking itself to the most proficient way.
IE 9 users, please note that Flexbox does not support version 9. Hence the default version of Bootstrap 4 uses float and display CSS properties for the implementation of a fluid layout.
- Relative CSS Units
As a significant move to streamline the CSS -Bootstrap 4 dropped support for IE8 browser. The new release uses REMs and EMs which enables implementation of responsive typography on Bootstrap sites. It also improves readability and improvement in accessibility for physically challenged users.
- Handy Utilities
Various useful helper classes have been added such as margin and padding, and text helpers. Also, there are responsive and contextual colors helper classes to hide content on particular breakpoints.
- Improved Grid System
Bootstrap’s fluid grid system allows programmers to focus various devices having different viewports. At present Bootstrap 3.x grid system offers 4 classes to define different size columns. Bootstrap 4 improves the fluid grid mechanism with a 5th one which facilitates programmers to aim for small devices having a viewport of 480 px or lesser than that.
- Completely Redesigned Navbar
The new Navbar is simpler. You can toggle it using the Collapse component, the `.navbar-toggleable-xs`, `.navbar-toggleable-sm`, etc.. let you control the breakpoint. Here’s an example.
- Fonts are Bigger
In Bootstrap 4, the default font size which was earlier 14px is now changed to 16px. Also, a new large display for headings which makes text stand out.
- Tether powers tooltips and Popovers
- A New Approach to Global Theming
It will be the most interesting change. At present, with the version 3.x, it is very hard to do changes in RAW CSS, LESS file and overriding the settings. Easy customization of the global theme is expected in the new version.
- Rearranged Support for IE
The newer version has dropped support for IE8 as it was not supporting CSS media queries. IE 9 does not support Flexbox. To support IE9 Bootstrap has made Flexbox as optional to integrate with the framework.
- Glyphicons Dropped
Glyphicons, which was used by many, has been removed. The alternative provided is to use Font Awesome and Octicons as third party components. Instructions will be included eventually in the documentation.
Changes Behind the Scene
- Bye Bye LESS, Hello SAASAs compare to LESS, SASS is more popular among frontend developers. SASS is easier to use, offers more possibilities and has an immense community base.
- Optimized Variable Customization
Now all the Sass variables are incorporated into one single file named _variables.scss. This makes customization very easy. To change the default values, one needs to copy the settings into another file named _custom.scss.
- New Reset Component Called Reboot
The Reboot module now replaces the normalize.css file. The new module is the enhanced version of the normalize.css with the goal to include generic style and selectors within a single and easy to use .SCSS file. This change enabled the user to override the default setting in a better way without using ‘!important’.
This article is based on Bootstrap 4 alpha 3 version. For latest updates, visit the official blog.
Are you looking for assistance in a dot net or PHP implementation requiring Bootstrap?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +912242545151 or visit www.metasyssoftware.com for more details.
Dropdown list using FM-CWP for large records:
With Custom Web Publishing (CWP) FileMaker allows to build web applications using PHP as Front-End and FileMaker as Back-End. This is achieved using FMPHP API provided by FileMaker.
Almost every web application consists of forms that have a dropdown list/ selection list. For example:
In case of Dynamic dropdown lists, data has to be fetched from backend FileMaker database every time user accesses. If there is large number of records, then fetching them from database and displaying on Web Page takes time to load and results in the slowness of the web page.
In order to avoid this and make the experience friendlier & faster for the user, following technique explains how it can be achieved in a simple way,
- Create a text file with all the required data separated by enter key in it.
- This data will be the initial data containing in the FileMaker field on which you would like to base dropdown list.
- Place this file in the same location as your web page containing the dropdown list.
- Then in the PHP web page, using file read operations and while loop, fetch the data and display in the dropdown list.
- Create one more PHP web page, which will fire a query on FileMaker table/field to get dynamic data for the dropdown list and write to the text file described above.
- Admin person can call this web page via web browser or web viewer of FileMaker whenever there is update to the field data.
- This technique is more effective when the data in the required field is modified less frequently.